June 30, 2021
Sunday Worship in the Sanctuary Begins July 11, 2021 at 10:30 am
Arrangements are being made for worship to be held in the sanctuary of St. Andrew’s Church, beginning on Sunday, July 11th. The Rev. Dr. Donald MacLeod will be leading worship that morning, as well as the following two Sundays. Please note, masks will be mandatory. There will be no congregational singing. You are asked to sit 2 meters (6 feet) apart. Those who live in the same household may sit together. Please follow the directions of those who will be providing guidance for entering and leaving the sanctuary.
April 2, 2021
Easter Sunday Service Has Now Been Cancelled.
The Session at St. Andrew’s has now decided that our in church Easter Sunday service should not be held. This is due to the newly increased number of Covid 19 cases in our area.
March 4, 2021
Starting In-Person Sunday Services Again
Sunday Services at Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian will start up again on Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 10:30 am.
February 8, 2021
News on How the Annual General Meeting Will be Accommodated This Year
Greetings in the love and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Session continues to pray for the St. Andrew s family and community as we begin a new season of ministry and mission. The Lord has sustained us throughout a difficult year, and will do so throughout the year ahead These are indeed strange times, but God has gotten his people through all kinds of “stormy weather” and will keep us all within the fold of his protective arms.
Given the restrictions under which the province continues to operate, the Elders recognize it will likely be impossible to meet in person for a while. This means, among other things, the Annual Meeting will have to follow a rather different process this year. The General Assembly Office has distributed guidelines for how to hold congregational meetings during the pandemic, and the Elders have discussed various possibilities. The Session has decided on the following process and timing:
- On February 10th the package of annual reports from the Session, Board of Managers, Financial statements, etc., will be sent to the congregation by email and Canada Post (for those without email).
- By March 1st the congregation will be invited to respond to the reports, ask questions, and respond to questions that may be asked.
- March 8th the Session will send summaries of the questions and responses received.
- Motions on which the congregation must vote will be sent with the summaries, along with voting papers that must be returned by March 29th.
- By April 5th the results of all votes will be communicated to the congregation.
Once the process has been completed, the Ministry Needs Assessment Team will reconvene and discuss matters that have arisen as a result of the “Annual Meeting.” The team hopes to take up its work to look at the future of St Andrew’s ministry and the needs that may arise as options are prepared to present to the Session and congregation.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of Session or your Elder
The Lord bless you and keep you. The St. Andrew’s Session